Six dead in Sao Paulo building collapse: Firefight
Sao Paulo: At least six people were killed early on Tuesday when a commercial building under construction collapsed in eastern Sao Paulo, Brazilian firefighters said.
"There are six dead and 11 people were rescued alive," a fire department spokesman told AFP in an updated toll. "We do not know exactly how many more people there are under the rubble."
Local press reports said 19 people were injured in the accident.
Television pictures showed extensive damage as rescue workers frantically sifted through rubble in search of survivors.
The cause of the accident was not yet known.
More than 20 fire department vehicles and two helicopters were on the scene.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics