Six dead in Sao Paulo building collapse: Firefight
Sao Paulo: At least six people were killed early on Tuesday when a commercial building under construction collapsed in eastern Sao Paulo, Brazilian firefighters said.
"There are six dead and 11 people were rescued alive," a fire department spokesman told AFP in an updated toll. "We do not know exactly how many more people there are under the rubble."
Local press reports said 19 people were injured in the accident.
Television pictures showed extensive damage as rescue workers frantically sifted through rubble in search of survivors.
The cause of the accident was not yet known.
More than 20 fire department vehicles and two helicopters were on the scene.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!