Six die in Italy when train slams into car on tracks
Rome: Italian authorities say six people have died when a regional train slammed into a car that crossed the tracks.
Marco Mancini, spokesman for the Italian state railways, says all those killed were riding in the car, which was struck today afternoon. No one aboard the train was injured.
The incident occurred near Cosenza, a southern city in Reggio Calabria, in the "toe" of boot-shaped Italy.
Italian news reports said most of those killed were Romanian farm workers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Katra helicopter crash: 'Dead pilot' Sumita Vijayan says she is alive