Six die in shootout at Brazil nightclub
Rio de Janeiro: Six people were killed and 14 wounded in a gunfight at a nightclub in the southeastern Brazilian city of Belo Horizonte, police said Monday, blaming the violence on a dispute between gangs.
Scores of people were inside the club late Sunday night when two armed men burst in as a band was playing and started firing indiscriminately.
One of the intruders was carrying a military-issue submachine gun, police said.
Several club patrons drew guns and returned fire, fatally wounding the attacker with the submachine gun, while the other assailant fled on a motorcycle.
Police recovered the submachine gun.
Three of the 14 people wounded in the incident were reported to be in grave condition at a hospital in Belo Horizonte.
Investigators suspect the intended targets of the attack were two gang members.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Tata Sons removes Cyrus Mistry as Chairman; Ratan Tata interim boss for 4 months