Six die in shootout at Brazil nightclub
Rio de Janeiro: Six people were killed and 14 wounded in a gunfight at a nightclub in the southeastern Brazilian city of Belo Horizonte, police said Monday, blaming the violence on a dispute between gangs.
Scores of people were inside the club late Sunday night when two armed men burst in as a band was playing and started firing indiscriminately.
One of the intruders was carrying a military-issue submachine gun, police said.
Several club patrons drew guns and returned fire, fatally wounding the attacker with the submachine gun, while the other assailant fled on a motorcycle.
Police recovered the submachine gun.
Three of the 14 people wounded in the incident were reported to be in grave condition at a hospital in Belo Horizonte.
Investigators suspect the intended targets of the attack were two gang members.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement