Six foreign militants among 16 killed in Somalia
Mogadishu: Officials in Somalia say six
al Qaeda-connected foreign fighters and two African Union
soldiers are among 16 people killed in two days of fighting in
Battles between militants and government forces broke
out Saturday and continued today.
Mogadishu ambulance service chief Ali Muse says his
workers collected eight bodies. Muse says 40 people were
wounded in the fighting, which saw mortar shells slam into
Militants from al-Shabab paraded the bodies of two
troops one Somali soldier and one from the African Union.
The African Union said six al Qaeda connected
commanders had been killed. It confirmed the deaths of two
Somalia has been torn apart by civil war for 20 years.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living