Six foreign militants among 16 killed in Somalia
Mogadishu: Officials in Somalia say six
al Qaeda-connected foreign fighters and two African Union
soldiers are among 16 people killed in two days of fighting in
Battles between militants and government forces broke
out Saturday and continued today.
Mogadishu ambulance service chief Ali Muse says his
workers collected eight bodies. Muse says 40 people were
wounded in the fighting, which saw mortar shells slam into
Militants from al-Shabab paraded the bodies of two
troops one Somali soldier and one from the African Union.
The African Union said six al Qaeda connected
commanders had been killed. It confirmed the deaths of two
Somalia has been torn apart by civil war for 20 years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet