Six foreign militants among 16 killed in Somalia
Mogadishu: Officials in Somalia say six
al Qaeda-connected foreign fighters and two African Union
soldiers are among 16 people killed in two days of fighting in
Battles between militants and government forces broke
out Saturday and continued today.
Mogadishu ambulance service chief Ali Muse says his
workers collected eight bodies. Muse says 40 people were
wounded in the fighting, which saw mortar shells slam into
Militants from al-Shabab paraded the bodies of two
troops one Somali soldier and one from the African Union.
The African Union said six al Qaeda connected
commanders had been killed. It confirmed the deaths of two
Somalia has been torn apart by civil war for 20 years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Letter to Arvind Kejriwal - `Don't embarrass India again, buy yourself a pair of shoes`
- When a professor sexually abused a girl in classroom; watch other students' reaction
- Indian woman rescued from German refugee camp returns home, thanks government
- Signs that prove Lord Hanuman is still alive
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi