Six Iraqi security members killed in attacks
Baghdad: Gun and bomb attacks killed six
members of Iraq`s security forces -- four policemen and two
soldiers -- in the Sunni provinces of Salaheddin and Anbar
on Sunday, security and medical officials said.
In the deadliest attack, three policemen were killed and
six wounded in the village of Garma, east of the former
insurgent bastion of Fallujah, when gunmen attacked their
checkpoint, Anbar provincial police chief Major General Hadi
In Fallujah itself, gunmen shot dead a policeman who was
on his way home in the centre of the town, 60 kilometres west
of the capital, Fallujah hospital doctor Omar Dalli said.
Meanwhile, in the central town of Dujail, north of
Baghdad, a suicide attacker rammed a car bomb into a
checkpoint on a highway linking the capital to Tikrit, capital
of Salaheddin province, an official in the provincial security
command centre said.
The attack left two soldiers dead and four others
wounded, said the official, who spoke on condition of
anonymity. Eight civilians were also hurt.
Attacks are down from their peak in 2006 and 2007, but
violence remains common in Iraq. A total of 187 people died in
attacks in November, according to official figures.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA