Six jailed for savagery at British care home
London: A group of six people in Britain has been jailed for over seven years in total for meting out a "culture of cruelty" to vulnerable patients in a British care home.
Winterbourne View private hospital was closed down after horrific footage showed patients being dragged across the floor, having their hands stamped on and being trapped beneath chairs, The Sun reported.
The undercover film shot by BBC?s Panorama also showed patients being pitted against each other in Fight Club-style sessions, while others had their eyes poked and hair pulled by staff.
A total of 38 ill-treatment charges were slapped against 11 workers at the institute, which cared for people with learning difficulties, on the outskirts of Bristol.
While six of the 11 were sentenced at the Bristol Crown Court to a total of seven years and four months, five others walked free from court after admitting their crimes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you