Six killed, 12 injured in China`s coal mine accident
Beijing: Six people were killed and 12 others
injured in a coal mine gas leak in southwest China`s Guizhou
The accident occurred at around 1:20 am today at the mine
located outside the city of Zunyi in Guizhou province, a
spokesman with the provincial work safety bureau said.
Thirty-five people were working in the mine when the
Twenty-two people escaped, and another 12 were rescued.
One worker died in the mine while five others died in
hospital, Xinhua reported.
China`s vast coal mining industry is notoriously
accident-prone due to lax regulation, corruption and
inefficiency as mines rush to meet soaring demand.
Last year 2,631 miners were killed, according to official
figures, but independent labour groups say the actual figure
could be much higher as many accidents are covered up to avoid
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed in Tamil Nadu Assembly; didn't use force on crowd, says Chennai Police Commissioner
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur