Six killed, 129 injured in Beirut twin bombings
Beirut: The toll in the twin bombings that targeted the Iranian cultural mission in this Lebanese capital city Wednesday reached six, with 129 people being injured, health ministry said.
Earlier in the day, Health Minister Wael Abou Faour put the casualties at five and 103 injured.
An Al Qaeda linked group known as Abdullah Azzam Brigades claimed responsibility on Twitter for the suicide blasts in Bir Hassan, a suburban neighbourhood in the south of Beirut, the heartland of the Shiite military party of Hezbollah, Xinhua reported.
In a message on Twitter, the group said that it would continue its operations against the "Iranian party in Lebanon", in reference to Hezbollah, as long as it was fighting in Syria to support the "murderous regime" of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad.
Abdullah Azzam Brigades were also responsible for the twin suicide bombings against the Iranian embassy in Beirut Nov 17, which killed 25 people and injured 147.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!