Six killed in China colliery blast
Beijing: At least six people were killed and 11 others reported missing Monday after a gas explosion at a state-owned coal mine in northeast China, three days after a similar blast killed 28 miners at the same site.
The explosion occurred at the Babao mine in Baishan city in Jilin province, Xinhua cited a spokesman with the provincial government as saying.
Rescue work is under way, and the cause of the accident is being investigated.
On Friday, a gas blast hit the coal mine, killing 28 miners and injuring 13 others.
The mine is state-owned. Initial investigations showed that a safety team consisting of 41 technical workers was sent underground to repair a reported gas leak when the accident happened Friday, an official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- Ryan child death: Sexual assault allegations should be probed, says Manish Sisodia
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India
- 'Bajirao Mastani' still galloping at box office, mints Rs 350 cr!