Six killed in China colliery blast
Beijing: At least six people were killed and 11 others reported missing Monday after a gas explosion at a state-owned coal mine in northeast China, three days after a similar blast killed 28 miners at the same site.
The explosion occurred at the Babao mine in Baishan city in Jilin province, Xinhua cited a spokesman with the provincial government as saying.
Rescue work is under way, and the cause of the accident is being investigated.
On Friday, a gas blast hit the coal mine, killing 28 miners and injuring 13 others.
The mine is state-owned. Initial investigations showed that a safety team consisting of 41 technical workers was sent underground to repair a reported gas leak when the accident happened Friday, an official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16