Six killed in China colliery blast
Beijing: At least six people were killed and 11 others reported missing Monday after a gas explosion at a state-owned coal mine in northeast China, three days after a similar blast killed 28 miners at the same site.
The explosion occurred at the Babao mine in Baishan city in Jilin province, Xinhua cited a spokesman with the provincial government as saying.
Rescue work is under way, and the cause of the accident is being investigated.
On Friday, a gas blast hit the coal mine, killing 28 miners and injuring 13 others.
The mine is state-owned. Initial investigations showed that a safety team consisting of 41 technical workers was sent underground to repair a reported gas leak when the accident happened Friday, an official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Triple treat for Shah Rukh Khan fans in 2017 – Details inside
- Know what Ranveer Singh has to say about Akshay Kumar
- A love story for Akshay Kumar in toilet? Details inside
- Wondering if Ranveer Singh is on board Deepika Padukone’s ‘Padmavati’? Details inside
- Saif Ali Khan finds Kareena Kapoor very sexy in 'Yeh Mera Dil' song