Six killed in China colliery blast
Beijing: At least six people were killed and 11 others reported missing Monday after a gas explosion at a state-owned coal mine in northeast China, three days after a similar blast killed 28 miners at the same site.
The explosion occurred at the Babao mine in Baishan city in Jilin province, Xinhua cited a spokesman with the provincial government as saying.
Rescue work is under way, and the cause of the accident is being investigated.
On Friday, a gas blast hit the coal mine, killing 28 miners and injuring 13 others.
The mine is state-owned. Initial investigations showed that a safety team consisting of 41 technical workers was sent underground to repair a reported gas leak when the accident happened Friday, an official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news