Six killed in Iraq violence
Baghdad: At least six people were killed and 11 wounded in separate shooting and bombing incidents that occurred in Iraq`s Salahuddin province on Friday, police said.
Five members of the Awakening Council group were killed and four injured when unidentified gunmen targeted their patrol near Dora district, east of Tikrit city, located140 km from national capital Baghdad, reported Xinhua citing a police source.
One civilian was killed and three wounded when a roadside bomb went off in Alsgelh village, 120 km from Tikrit, the source said.
In a separate incident, three policemen were wounded when a roadside bomb targeted their patrol in Baiji area, 30 km from Tikrit, while another policeman was seriously injured after being shot by unidentified gunmen in Samarra area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'