Six members of Irish network held for terrorism
Dublin: Six alleged members of an Irish Republican network have been arrested on charges of terrorism in Northern Ireland just before Queen Elizabeth`s Diamond Jubilee visit to the country.
The arrests were made in a joint operation carried out by the Police Service of Northern Ireland and MI5, UK`s Security Service, ABC reports.
The men were arrested in two separate operations, three were arrested on May 11 and three others were arrested on May 13.
The men held on May 11 have been charged with conspiracy to murder, conspiracy to cause an explosion, preparation of terrorist acts and collecting information of use to terrorism.
"Police have charged three men with a number of serious offences linked to a proactive investigation into dissident Republican terrorist activity in Northern Ireland," the Police Service of Northern Ireland said.
- Nagaland HSLC (Class 10) Result 2016 to be declared today on May 3 at 12 noon
- Nagaland HSSLC (Class 12 on May ) Result 2016 to be declared today 3 at 12 noon
- VVIP chopper cam: Ex-IAF chief SP Tyagi reaches CBI office for questioning
- Barack Obama has wish about Osama bin Laden`s last moments
- 162 children die in four months in Pakistan's Tharparkar district