Six members of Irish network held for terrorism
Dublin: Six alleged members of an Irish Republican network have been arrested on charges of terrorism in Northern Ireland just before Queen Elizabeth`s Diamond Jubilee visit to the country.
The arrests were made in a joint operation carried out by the Police Service of Northern Ireland and MI5, UK`s Security Service, ABC reports.
The men were arrested in two separate operations, three were arrested on May 11 and three others were arrested on May 13.
The men held on May 11 have been charged with conspiracy to murder, conspiracy to cause an explosion, preparation of terrorist acts and collecting information of use to terrorism.
"Police have charged three men with a number of serious offences linked to a proactive investigation into dissident Republican terrorist activity in Northern Ireland," the Police Service of Northern Ireland said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video