Six members of Irish network held for terrorism
Dublin: Six alleged members of an Irish Republican network have been arrested on charges of terrorism in Northern Ireland just before Queen Elizabeth`s Diamond Jubilee visit to the country.
The arrests were made in a joint operation carried out by the Police Service of Northern Ireland and MI5, UK`s Security Service, ABC reports.
The men were arrested in two separate operations, three were arrested on May 11 and three others were arrested on May 13.
The men held on May 11 have been charged with conspiracy to murder, conspiracy to cause an explosion, preparation of terrorist acts and collecting information of use to terrorism.
"Police have charged three men with a number of serious offences linked to a proactive investigation into dissident Republican terrorist activity in Northern Ireland," the Police Service of Northern Ireland said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part II
- Twenty five militants killed in eastern Nangarhar province in Afghanistan
- Kiren Rijiju celebrates anti-emergency day, says BJP against "dictatorship"
- Minister, 15 others killed in Somalia hotel attack
- Congress stages dharnas demanding resignation of 21 AAP MLAs
- ISIS suspect first to turn informer for British spies: Report