Six militants killed in Russia
Moscow: Six militants, including a senior member of the Kizlyar militant group who was on a wanted list since 2011, have been killed in a special operation in Russia`s volatile Dagestan region, the National Anti-terrorism Committee said.
Magomed Makhmudov and the other militants of the Kizlyar gang were surrounded by security services in a forest near the Kizlyar district.
The insurgents refused to surrender and opened fire with assault rifles and a grenade launcher, injuring three police and four army soldiers, RIA Novosti reported.
Violence is common in Russia`s North Caucasus, especially in the republics of Chechnya, Dagestan and Ingushetia, with militants frequently mounting attacks against police officers and government officials.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah