Six more Indian Haj pilgrims dead in Saudi
Jeddah: Six more Indian Haj pilgrims have
died in Saudi Arabia while undertaking the annual pilgrimage,
taking the total number of Indian causalities to 25, officials
said on Sunday.
"As of today 25 pilgrims have expired out of which twenty
came through Haj Committee of India and five through Private
Tour Operators," according to a statement from Consulate
General of India in Jeddah.
Of the total number of 68,978 pilgrims who have already
flown in from India, 34,844 are in Mecca and 34,114 pilgrims
are in Medina, it said.
So far 248 flights have come from India, the statement
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice