Six more Indian Haj pilgrims dead in Saudi
Jeddah: Six more Indian Haj pilgrims have
died in Saudi Arabia while undertaking the annual pilgrimage,
taking the total number of Indian causalities to 25, officials
said on Sunday.
"As of today 25 pilgrims have expired out of which twenty
came through Haj Committee of India and five through Private
Tour Operators," according to a statement from Consulate
General of India in Jeddah.
Of the total number of 68,978 pilgrims who have already
flown in from India, 34,844 are in Mecca and 34,114 pilgrims
are in Medina, it said.
So far 248 flights have come from India, the statement
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Tata Sons removes Cyrus Mistry as Chairman; Ratan Tata interim boss for 4 months
- Uttar Pradesh CM Akhilesh Yadav told Mulayam Singh's brother Shivpal that he would float new party?
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- At 500 kilograms, is this 36-year-old the world's heaviest woman?