Six more Indian Haj pilgrims dead in Saudi
Jeddah: Six more Indian Haj pilgrims have
died in Saudi Arabia while undertaking the annual pilgrimage,
taking the total number of Indian causalities to 25, officials
said on Sunday.
"As of today 25 pilgrims have expired out of which twenty
came through Haj Committee of India and five through Private
Tour Operators," according to a statement from Consulate
General of India in Jeddah.
Of the total number of 68,978 pilgrims who have already
flown in from India, 34,844 are in Mecca and 34,114 pilgrims
are in Medina, it said.
So far 248 flights have come from India, the statement
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Trump vows to begin deportations immediately if sworn in
- British PM to trigger EU pull-out `without parliament vote`
- Italy mourns quake victims, death toll rises to 291
- Kriti Sanon can't wait to watch 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Indian women's hockey stars humiliated, made to sit on floor of train on way back home from Rio