Six-nation group ministers to meet on Iran: France
Paris: Foreign ministers from the world
powers of the six-strong contact group on the Iranian nuclear
crisis will meet next week on the sidelines of the UN General
Assembly in New York, France said today.
Britain, China, France, Germany, Russia and the United
States are seeking to engage with Iran over its controversial
nuclear programme, and between them hold the key as to whether
Tehran will face new economic sanctions.
"The foreign ministers of the E3+3 will meet on this
subject in New York next week," French Foreign Ministry
spokesman Bernard Valero said today, using the European
abbreviation for the Iran contact group.
In addition to the ministers` talks, he confirmed France
would take part in an October 1 meeting of officials from the
six, Iranian nuclear negotiator Said Jalili and European Union
foreign policy chief Javier Solana.
Valero said France would have preferred these talks to
have taken place before the UN General Assembly next week, but
was glad that they would be organised as quickly as possible
France has been pushing for a tough line on Iran`s
nuclear programme, which Tehran insists is simply an attempt
to generate electricity but which Western powers suspect
conceals a plan to develop an atomic bomb.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Baby girl still in hospital after 76 days, mother denies relationship with baby
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail