Six of family killed in house fire in China
Beijing: A couple and their four children were killed in a house fire in south China early today.
The family was sleeping in their home on the first floor of a six-storey building in Baiyun district in Guangzhou, capital city of Guangdong Province, when a fire broke out, local authorities said.
They died of smoke inhalation even as the fire was put out by the local fire brigade, state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
Investigation into the cause of the blaze is underway.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Suresh Raina denies Lalit Modi's match-fixing allegation, mulls legal action against former IPL boss
- PMO seeks report on Air India flights delayed by Fadnavis, Rijiju; Aviation Minister apologises