Six people killed in explosion at China`s recycling station
Beijing: Six people were killed and four
wounded in an explosion at a village recycling station in
north China`s Hebei province, local authorities said on Sunday.
The accident occurred in Qianying village, Dongwang
Township in Dingzhou city, yesterday, spokesman for the local
The explosion immediately killed two and injured
seven. Three of the injured seven died in the hospital.
While clearing debris, local villagers found one more
body, according to the business owner`s daughter.
The owner of the station, surnamed Ma, and his four
family members, were among the dead.
The other victim was a 12-year-old girl from the
neighbourhood who had made a casual visit to the station when
she was caught in the blast.
A preliminary investigation showed that the explosion
was caused by the illegal storage of fireworks at the station,
state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH