Six people killed in explosion at China`s recycling station
Beijing: Six people were killed and four
wounded in an explosion at a village recycling station in
north China`s Hebei province, local authorities said on Sunday.
The accident occurred in Qianying village, Dongwang
Township in Dingzhou city, yesterday, spokesman for the local
The explosion immediately killed two and injured
seven. Three of the injured seven died in the hospital.
While clearing debris, local villagers found one more
body, according to the business owner`s daughter.
The owner of the station, surnamed Ma, and his four
family members, were among the dead.
The other victim was a 12-year-old girl from the
neighbourhood who had made a casual visit to the station when
she was caught in the blast.
A preliminary investigation showed that the explosion
was caused by the illegal storage of fireworks at the station,
state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Watch 15 reports from 15 cities
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter