Six powers, Iran start nuclear talks after setbacks
Tehran: Six world powers and Iran began their fifth round of nuclear negotiations on Tuesday in hopes of salvaging prospects for a deal over Tehran`s disputed atomic activity by a July deadline.
With time running short if a risky extension of the nuclear talks is to be avoided, negotiators face huge challenges in bridging gaps in positions over the future scope of Iran`s nuclear programme in less than five weeks.
Without a deal, the Middle East would face the risk of another war if Israel - which views a nuclear-armed Iran as an existential threat - attacks the Islamic Republic`s nuclear installations.
Tehran denies having any military intentions with its nuclear energy campaign, saying it is geared towards electricity generation and producing radio-isotopes for medical treatments.
The talks between Iran and the United States, Russia, China, Britain, France and Germanyin the Austrian capital Vienna are expected to last until Friday and resume some time next month ahead of the July 20 deadline.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference