Six powers to meet on Iran nuclear programme: Russia
Moscow: The five permanent members of the UN
Security Council plus Germany will meet Wednesday for further
discussions on Iran`s nuclear programme, a Russian deputy
foreign minister said on Friday.
Interfax news agency quoted Sergei Riabkov as telling
journalists that the meeting would take place in the western
German city of Frankfurt at political director level.
Iran is suspected of trying to develop atomic weapons
under the guise of a civilian nuclear programme, a charge
Germany`s foreign minister declined to confirm the talks,
as international pressure is building for further sanctions
against Tehran if it refuses to restart negotiations on its
Iran has repeatedly denied that it intends to build an
atomic bomb and says it has every right to develop a peaceful
nuclear programme to produce energy.
France, Germany and the United States have spoken in
favour of an international energy embargo on Iran, which
despite being rich in oil lacks domestic refining capacity.
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu called
yesterday during a visit to Berlin for "crippling sanctions"
against Iran, claiming that it posed a mortal threat to
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000km strategic road
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000 km strategic road - Part II
- Hundreds of NASA's studies now available online for free!
- Status of political parties to be reviewed every 10 years
- WOAH! BJP MP Paresh Rawal launches fierce attack on India's Rio Olympics officials
- 30% to vote for SP, BJP+ 27%, BSP 26% in next UP Assembly elections: Survey
- Article 370 will be dealt later, peace in Valley a priority: Ahir