Six powers to meet on Iran nuclear programme: Russia
Moscow: The five permanent members of the UN
Security Council plus Germany will meet Wednesday for further
discussions on Iran`s nuclear programme, a Russian deputy
foreign minister said on Friday.
Interfax news agency quoted Sergei Riabkov as telling
journalists that the meeting would take place in the western
German city of Frankfurt at political director level.
Iran is suspected of trying to develop atomic weapons
under the guise of a civilian nuclear programme, a charge
Germany`s foreign minister declined to confirm the talks,
as international pressure is building for further sanctions
against Tehran if it refuses to restart negotiations on its
Iran has repeatedly denied that it intends to build an
atomic bomb and says it has every right to develop a peaceful
nuclear programme to produce energy.
France, Germany and the United States have spoken in
favour of an international energy embargo on Iran, which
despite being rich in oil lacks domestic refining capacity.
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu called
yesterday during a visit to Berlin for "crippling sanctions"
against Iran, claiming that it posed a mortal threat to
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla