Six powers to meet on Iran nuclear programme: Russia
Moscow: The five permanent members of the UN
Security Council plus Germany will meet Wednesday for further
discussions on Iran`s nuclear programme, a Russian deputy
foreign minister said on Friday.
Interfax news agency quoted Sergei Riabkov as telling
journalists that the meeting would take place in the western
German city of Frankfurt at political director level.
Iran is suspected of trying to develop atomic weapons
under the guise of a civilian nuclear programme, a charge
Germany`s foreign minister declined to confirm the talks,
as international pressure is building for further sanctions
against Tehran if it refuses to restart negotiations on its
Iran has repeatedly denied that it intends to build an
atomic bomb and says it has every right to develop a peaceful
nuclear programme to produce energy.
France, Germany and the United States have spoken in
favour of an international energy embargo on Iran, which
despite being rich in oil lacks domestic refining capacity.
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu called
yesterday during a visit to Berlin for "crippling sanctions"
against Iran, claiming that it posed a mortal threat to
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Ahead of 'Kashmir Solidarity Day', Hafiz Saeed's JuD releases controversial video featuring Pakistani Army chief
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- VIDEO: Ambidextrous Sri Lankan Kamindu Mendis bowling with both hands
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review