Six powers to meet on Iran nuclear programme: Russia
Moscow: The five permanent members of the UN
Security Council plus Germany will meet Wednesday for further
discussions on Iran`s nuclear programme, a Russian deputy
foreign minister said on Friday.
Interfax news agency quoted Sergei Riabkov as telling
journalists that the meeting would take place in the western
German city of Frankfurt at political director level.
Iran is suspected of trying to develop atomic weapons
under the guise of a civilian nuclear programme, a charge
Germany`s foreign minister declined to confirm the talks,
as international pressure is building for further sanctions
against Tehran if it refuses to restart negotiations on its
Iran has repeatedly denied that it intends to build an
atomic bomb and says it has every right to develop a peaceful
nuclear programme to produce energy.
France, Germany and the United States have spoken in
favour of an international energy embargo on Iran, which
despite being rich in oil lacks domestic refining capacity.
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu called
yesterday during a visit to Berlin for "crippling sanctions"
against Iran, claiming that it posed a mortal threat to
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch
- In Pics: Indian Super League 2015 opening ceremony!
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Read: What Salman Khan has to say about Akshay's 'Singh Is Bliing'