Six powers to meet on Iran nuclear programme: Russia
Moscow: The five permanent members of the UN
Security Council plus Germany will meet Wednesday for further
discussions on Iran`s nuclear programme, a Russian deputy
foreign minister said on Friday.
Interfax news agency quoted Sergei Riabkov as telling
journalists that the meeting would take place in the western
German city of Frankfurt at political director level.
Iran is suspected of trying to develop atomic weapons
under the guise of a civilian nuclear programme, a charge
Germany`s foreign minister declined to confirm the talks,
as international pressure is building for further sanctions
against Tehran if it refuses to restart negotiations on its
Iran has repeatedly denied that it intends to build an
atomic bomb and says it has every right to develop a peaceful
nuclear programme to produce energy.
France, Germany and the United States have spoken in
favour of an international energy embargo on Iran, which
despite being rich in oil lacks domestic refining capacity.
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu called
yesterday during a visit to Berlin for "crippling sanctions"
against Iran, claiming that it posed a mortal threat to
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery