Six sentenced to death for drug trafficking in China
Beijing: A Chinese court on Thursday sentenced six
people to death, three to suspended death and 12 others to two
years in jail on drug trafficking charges.
The convicts Cui Changui, Li Zhanyong, Yang Linqu, Zhao
Jiandong, Liu Wentao and Yu Sifu have been handed out death
penalty by People`s Intermediate Court of Luohe City in Henan
province for selling, transporting and producing drugs.
However, the court sentenced the trio of Liang Liancheng,
Zheng Gongshe and Li Changmao, convicted for transporting and
producing drugs, to death with two years of reprieve. This
means the trio will be under incarceration for two years
during which they can appeal against the verdict. A suspended
death penalty is usually commuted to life sentences.
The busted ring produced, transported and sold 137 kg of
methamphetamine pills and manufactured 382 kg of Ketamin, the
state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
Other 12 people were sentenced for two years imprisonment
for lesser serious charges.
Police also seized more than four tonnes of raw materials
for drug-making at the site where they busted the ring in
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city