Six Somalis shot dead by Kenyan soldier
Nairobi: A Kenyan soldier shot dead six Somali civilians and injured two others in an incident of “deliberate killing”, as per a BBC report.
The solider has been detained and investigations are on in the case.
The incident took place on Sunday when the Kenyan soldier was moving towards Kismayo. The victims were waiting outside a shop in Janay Abdalla village when the Kenyan soldier shot them.
As per reports, the incident took place shortly after an attack by al-Shabab militants on Kenyan soldiers in which 6 people including a Kenyan soldier were killed.
(With Agency Inputs)
- Justice Rastogi backs CJI Thakur's appeal to increase number of judges
- Delhi-Faizabad Express derails near Hapur; 70 injured, emergency number issued
- VVIP chopper deal probe: CBI to grill former-IAF chief SP Tyagi, his 2 brothers today; major set-back for Sonia Gandhi?
- Colombia deports top Peruvian crime lord
- After a half-century wait, first US cruise ship leaves Miami for Cuba