Six terrorists detained in Moscow
Moscow: Moscow police have detained six suspected members of the banned Islamic Revival Party for recruiting volunteers, a police spokesman said Monday.
"The activity of the Islamic Revival Party, recognized as a terrorist group by Russia`s supreme court and banned in Russia, has been intercepted," he said in a statement.
Police searched the suspects` premises, and found nine grenades, weapons, ammunition, extremist literature and guides to recruiting people and spreading radical Islam.
The Islamic Revival Party is a registered political party, and main opposition force in Tajikistan. The party stresses Tajikistan`s Muslim identity and calls for the creation of an Islamic republic, and is popular among Central Asian migrant workers in Russia.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt