Six terrorists detained in Moscow
Moscow: Moscow police have detained six suspected members of the banned Islamic Revival Party for recruiting volunteers, a police spokesman said Monday.
"The activity of the Islamic Revival Party, recognized as a terrorist group by Russia`s supreme court and banned in Russia, has been intercepted," he said in a statement.
Police searched the suspects` premises, and found nine grenades, weapons, ammunition, extremist literature and guides to recruiting people and spreading radical Islam.
The Islamic Revival Party is a registered political party, and main opposition force in Tajikistan. The party stresses Tajikistan`s Muslim identity and calls for the creation of an Islamic republic, and is popular among Central Asian migrant workers in Russia.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’