Six tourists gang-raped by masked robbers in Mexico
London: Six Spanish women tourists have been raped in the famous Mexican tourist resort of Acapulco by an armed gang who broke into their rented beach bungalow as they slept, a media report said here.
Five masked men raped the women after tying up their partners with telephone cords and the elastic from their bikinis, the Daily Mail reported.
The rapists, however, spared a Mexican woman who was staying with the group.
Acapulco Mayor Luis Walton has condemned the crime and promised to catch the attackers.
The gang fled with the victims` valuables including cash, credit cards and mobile phones.
The women were aged between 30 and 32.
Acapulco is one of Mexico`s oldest beach resorts. Its reputation has been tarnished in recent years by drugs cartels that have turned part of the city into no-go areas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!