Six tourists gang-raped by masked robbers in Mexico
London: Six Spanish women tourists have been raped in the famous Mexican tourist resort of Acapulco by an armed gang who broke into their rented beach bungalow as they slept, a media report said here.
Five masked men raped the women after tying up their partners with telephone cords and the elastic from their bikinis, the Daily Mail reported.
The rapists, however, spared a Mexican woman who was staying with the group.
Acapulco Mayor Luis Walton has condemned the crime and promised to catch the attackers.
The gang fled with the victims` valuables including cash, credit cards and mobile phones.
The women were aged between 30 and 32.
Acapulco is one of Mexico`s oldest beach resorts. Its reputation has been tarnished in recent years by drugs cartels that have turned part of the city into no-go areas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional