Six tourists gang-raped by masked robbers in Mexico
London: Six Spanish women tourists have been raped in the famous Mexican tourist resort of Acapulco by an armed gang who broke into their rented beach bungalow as they slept, a media report said here.
Five masked men raped the women after tying up their partners with telephone cords and the elastic from their bikinis, the Daily Mail reported.
The rapists, however, spared a Mexican woman who was staying with the group.
Acapulco Mayor Luis Walton has condemned the crime and promised to catch the attackers.
The gang fled with the victims` valuables including cash, credit cards and mobile phones.
The women were aged between 30 and 32.
Acapulco is one of Mexico`s oldest beach resorts. Its reputation has been tarnished in recent years by drugs cartels that have turned part of the city into no-go areas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie