Six-year-old UK twins rack up 1,000 pounds game bill
London: A UK man was shocked after his six-year-old twins purchased virtual pets and clothes worth 1,000 pounds for two on-line games in a single weekend.
Ashley Griffiths, from St Ives, was slapped with the hefty four-page bill from Apple on Sunday.
The boy and the girl had purchased virtual pets and clothing for two iPad games to the cost of 979.90 pounds `The Telegraph` reported.
The extra amount that rose up to as much as 75 pounds, was purchased using a password.
Griffiths said his children knew the password after using the iPad for schoolwork and games.
He suggested app designers should also demand credit card details when making in-app purchases, the report said.
"Children don`t understand the value of money, they just see it as a way of collecting more pets and clothes for characters in the games," Griffiths said.
"I mean, who in their right mind is going to pay 75 pounds for a virtual pet?" he said.
Griffiths added the password has now been changed, and the company has since refunded the amount as a goodwill gesture.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway