Six-year-old UK twins rack up 1,000 pounds game bill
London: A UK man was shocked after his six-year-old twins purchased virtual pets and clothes worth 1,000 pounds for two on-line games in a single weekend.
Ashley Griffiths, from St Ives, was slapped with the hefty four-page bill from Apple on Sunday.
The boy and the girl had purchased virtual pets and clothing for two iPad games to the cost of 979.90 pounds `The Telegraph` reported.
The extra amount that rose up to as much as 75 pounds, was purchased using a password.
Griffiths said his children knew the password after using the iPad for schoolwork and games.
He suggested app designers should also demand credit card details when making in-app purchases, the report said.
"Children don`t understand the value of money, they just see it as a way of collecting more pets and clothes for characters in the games," Griffiths said.
"I mean, who in their right mind is going to pay 75 pounds for a virtual pet?" he said.
Griffiths added the password has now been changed, and the company has since refunded the amount as a goodwill gesture.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video