Sixteen missing as fishing boat sinks in China
Beijing: At least 16 persons were
reported missing after a fishing boat capsised in the stormy
waters of the Yangtze River in eastern China on Saturday.
Of the 18 persons onboard the ill-fated ship, two
escaped by jumping into the water before the boat sank. They
were later retrieved from the waters by a rescue ship, the
state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
However, there was no trace of the other 16 whom the
rescuers are still on the look-out for.
The incident occurred in the early hours of today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you