Slain US student`s photo used on Indian ad
Raleigh: The image of slain University of North Carolina Chapel Hill student body president Eve Carson has turned up in an unlikely place: adorning billboards in southern India.
The News & Observer of Raleigh reports that Carson`s picture is being used to advertise a company called Jubeerich Consultancy, which offers study opportunities and job placements in Western countries.
It`s not clear how the company came across the photo of the Athens, Georgia native, who was abducted, robbed and killed on March 05, 2008.
Two men - Laurence Lovette Jr and Demario Atwater - are serving life sentences for Carson`s death.
The company did not respond to e-mails seeking comment, and a woman who answered the phone declined to give her name but said she had not seen the billboards.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore