Slain US student`s photo used on Indian ad
Raleigh: The image of slain University of North Carolina Chapel Hill student body president Eve Carson has turned up in an unlikely place: adorning billboards in southern India.
The News & Observer of Raleigh reports that Carson`s picture is being used to advertise a company called Jubeerich Consultancy, which offers study opportunities and job placements in Western countries.
It`s not clear how the company came across the photo of the Athens, Georgia native, who was abducted, robbed and killed on March 05, 2008.
Two men - Laurence Lovette Jr and Demario Atwater - are serving life sentences for Carson`s death.
The company did not respond to e-mails seeking comment, and a woman who answered the phone declined to give her name but said she had not seen the billboards.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation