Slain US student`s photo used on Indian ad
Raleigh: The image of slain University of North Carolina Chapel Hill student body president Eve Carson has turned up in an unlikely place: adorning billboards in southern India.
The News & Observer of Raleigh reports that Carson`s picture is being used to advertise a company called Jubeerich Consultancy, which offers study opportunities and job placements in Western countries.
It`s not clear how the company came across the photo of the Athens, Georgia native, who was abducted, robbed and killed on March 05, 2008.
Two men - Laurence Lovette Jr and Demario Atwater - are serving life sentences for Carson`s death.
The company did not respond to e-mails seeking comment, and a woman who answered the phone declined to give her name but said she had not seen the billboards.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH HIGHLIGHTS: Real Madrid vs Atletico Madrid - UEFA Champions League final
- Daniel Craig 'exhausted' from playing James Bond
- Narendra Modi government failed to create jobs, aid agriculture: Congress
- Daniel Craig 'exhausted' from playing James Bond says Judi Dench
- Give education, equality to girl child, urges Amitabh Bachchan