Slain US student`s photo used on Indian ad
Raleigh: The image of slain University of North Carolina Chapel Hill student body president Eve Carson has turned up in an unlikely place: adorning billboards in southern India.
The News & Observer of Raleigh reports that Carson`s picture is being used to advertise a company called Jubeerich Consultancy, which offers study opportunities and job placements in Western countries.
It`s not clear how the company came across the photo of the Athens, Georgia native, who was abducted, robbed and killed on March 05, 2008.
Two men - Laurence Lovette Jr and Demario Atwater - are serving life sentences for Carson`s death.
The company did not respond to e-mails seeking comment, and a woman who answered the phone declined to give her name but said she had not seen the billboards.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- LTCG tax concession for under construction property
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic