Slain US student`s photo used on Indian ad
Raleigh: The image of slain University of North Carolina Chapel Hill student body president Eve Carson has turned up in an unlikely place: adorning billboards in southern India.
The News & Observer of Raleigh reports that Carson`s picture is being used to advertise a company called Jubeerich Consultancy, which offers study opportunities and job placements in Western countries.
It`s not clear how the company came across the photo of the Athens, Georgia native, who was abducted, robbed and killed on March 05, 2008.
Two men - Laurence Lovette Jr and Demario Atwater - are serving life sentences for Carson`s death.
The company did not respond to e-mails seeking comment, and a woman who answered the phone declined to give her name but said she had not seen the billboards.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Gionee S6s smartphone for selfie lovers to be launched in India today
- Rio Olympics 2016: Sakshi Malik, PV Sindhu shine for India; USA top tally with 121 medals
- US Republican voters not happy with Donald Trump as presidential nominee: Poll
- Renault Kwid 1.0-litre to be launched in India today
- Sushant Singh Rajput, Shraddha Kapoor to come together! No, we aren’t talking about a film