Slovene minister quits after caught drunk-driving
Ljubljana: A Slovenian minister has resigned
hours after being caught driving drunk.
Minister for Regional Development Henrik Gjerkes said
yesterday that his behaviour was "unacceptable" and had to
Gjerkes`s was found to be driving a government car with
0.64 milligrams of alcohol per litre of blood, nearly three
times the allowed level.
He says he had a few glasses at the Christmas party at
work and was stopped by the police because he was driving
slowly on the emergency lane with a flat tire.
Gjerkes belongs to DESUS, a pensioners,` a junior
coalition partner in the government.
The leader of the party, Karl Erjavec, says Gjerkes made
a mistake, "but showed moral character" when resigning.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS