Slovene minister quits after caught drunk-driving
Ljubljana: A Slovenian minister has resigned
hours after being caught driving drunk.
Minister for Regional Development Henrik Gjerkes said
yesterday that his behaviour was "unacceptable" and had to
Gjerkes`s was found to be driving a government car with
0.64 milligrams of alcohol per litre of blood, nearly three
times the allowed level.
He says he had a few glasses at the Christmas party at
work and was stopped by the police because he was driving
slowly on the emergency lane with a flat tire.
Gjerkes belongs to DESUS, a pensioners,` a junior
coalition partner in the government.
The leader of the party, Karl Erjavec, says Gjerkes made
a mistake, "but showed moral character" when resigning.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured