Slovene minister quits after caught drunk-driving
Ljubljana: A Slovenian minister has resigned
hours after being caught driving drunk.
Minister for Regional Development Henrik Gjerkes said
yesterday that his behaviour was "unacceptable" and had to
Gjerkes`s was found to be driving a government car with
0.64 milligrams of alcohol per litre of blood, nearly three
times the allowed level.
He says he had a few glasses at the Christmas party at
work and was stopped by the police because he was driving
slowly on the emergency lane with a flat tire.
Gjerkes belongs to DESUS, a pensioners,` a junior
coalition partner in the government.
The leader of the party, Karl Erjavec, says Gjerkes made
a mistake, "but showed moral character" when resigning.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Without dissent, parliamentary system is dysfunctional: Pranab Mukherjee
- Tamil Nadu polls: Modi govt taking anti-working class initiatives, says CPI
- Indian Premier League 2016: Rising Pune Supergiants vs Mumbai Indians - As it happened...
- Sebi to hit cinema screens to spread investor awareness
- Royal Enfield sales rise 42% in April