Small Colorado town elects dog as mayor
Washington: A bloodhound has been elected as the mayor of a small US town after the dog beat off competition from six other canines, a donkey, a cat and even a hedgehog to win the unofficial title.
Pa Kettle, a search and rescue dog, picked up 2,387 votes - 55 more than Keyni, a wolf, who will be deputy mayor in the town of Divide, Colorado.
Buster the cat, who placed third with 1,790 votes, is the viceroy, `The Gazette` reported.
Divide does not have a human civic leader, so Teller County Regional Animal Shelter holds an unofficial online mayoral race to raise funds.
According to `The Mirror`, a total of 12,091 votes were cast, with each raising a dollar for the charity.
Pa will replace Walter the three-legged cat, who will retire.
The mayoral inauguration is to take place later this week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of controversies on inclusion of 'NEET' in private medical colleges
- DNA: Analysis of controversies on inclusion of 'NEET' in private medical colleges - Part II
- DNA: How BSF soldiers guard the border in scorching summer heat
- DNA: Why is Congress taking support of affidavits to ensure alliance of MLA's?
- DNA: Analysis of how cancer is increasing death toll in India
- Watch: How a bionic suit helped a paralyzed father make his daughter's wedding day memorable!
- Maoists kill LJP leader, brother in Bihar
- French Open 2016, Day 4: Sania Mirza, Leander Paes, Rohan Bopanna enter French Open second round
- Panama probe independent of Bachchan's presence at Modi bash: Union Law Minister
- PM Modi congratulates new Kerala CM