Small jet crashes at Aspen airport: Officials
Los Angeles: A private jet plane crashed at Aspen-Pitkin County Airport, which serves the famous Colorado skiing resort, local and federal officials told a news agency.
Federal Aviation Administration spokesman Allen Kenitzer said an accident had taken place at the airport yesterday.
"The airplane appears to be a Bombardier Challenger 600, coming from Tucson to Aspen. It crashed while attempting to land," Kenitzer told the agency.
A spokeswoman for Pitkin County Sheriff`s Office confirmed the accident but had no details on possible casualties.
Aspen is a popular winter holiday destination for celebrities, and comedian Kevin Nealon and singer LeAnn Rimes posted Tweets after witnessing the crash.
"Horrible plane crash here at Aspen airport. Exploded into flames as it was landing. I think it was a private jet," wrote Nealon, best known for his recurring role in the television black comedy "Weeds".
"Fire trucks and other emergency vehicles still at scene. No word on survivors or who was on jet but I can`t imagine there are survivors," Nealon wrote on Twitter.
Rimes added: "So sad. Horrible plane crash we just saw happen at the Aspen airport."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials