Small jet crashes at Aspen airport: Officials
Los Angeles: A private jet plane crashed at Aspen-Pitkin County Airport, which serves the famous Colorado skiing resort, local and federal officials told a news agency.
Federal Aviation Administration spokesman Allen Kenitzer said an accident had taken place at the airport yesterday.
"The airplane appears to be a Bombardier Challenger 600, coming from Tucson to Aspen. It crashed while attempting to land," Kenitzer told the agency.
A spokeswoman for Pitkin County Sheriff`s Office confirmed the accident but had no details on possible casualties.
Aspen is a popular winter holiday destination for celebrities, and comedian Kevin Nealon and singer LeAnn Rimes posted Tweets after witnessing the crash.
"Horrible plane crash here at Aspen airport. Exploded into flames as it was landing. I think it was a private jet," wrote Nealon, best known for his recurring role in the television black comedy "Weeds".
"Fire trucks and other emergency vehicles still at scene. No word on survivors or who was on jet but I can`t imagine there are survivors," Nealon wrote on Twitter.
Rimes added: "So sad. Horrible plane crash we just saw happen at the Aspen airport."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part II
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part III
- AN-32 search still on, ISRO satellite imagery sought
- What is the purpose of human life—Know here!
- Navjot Singh Sidhu is still in the party: Punjab BJP chief
- Youth arrested from Parbhani for suspected ISIS links
- Shocking! UP man caught having sexual relationship with 140 women, which includes lady police officer - READ