Small plane crashes at Indonesian air show
Bandung: A small plane crashed and burst into flames during an air show attended by hundreds of school children near Indonesia`s capital on Friday, officials and witnesses said.
The pilot, the only person aboard the single-engine aircraft, was rushed to a hospital in critical condition, said Asni Wati, Bandung`s international airport spokesperson. No one on the ground was injured.
The Super Decathlon was apparently flying too low when it came in for landing, clipping one of its wings on the runway and then spinning out of control, Saleh Sudrajat, a pilot at the scene, told Metro TV.
Gasps rang out from the crowd of spectators - many of them elementary school students - as the plane burst into flames.
The accident occurred on the second day of an air show celebrating the 200th anniversary of Bandung, located 80 miles (120 kilometers) southeast of the capital, Jakarta.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi