Small plane crashes at Indonesian air show
Bandung: A small plane crashed and burst into flames during an air show attended by hundreds of school children near Indonesia`s capital on Friday, officials and witnesses said.
The pilot, the only person aboard the single-engine aircraft, was rushed to a hospital in critical condition, said Asni Wati, Bandung`s international airport spokesperson. No one on the ground was injured.
The Super Decathlon was apparently flying too low when it came in for landing, clipping one of its wings on the runway and then spinning out of control, Saleh Sudrajat, a pilot at the scene, told Metro TV.
Gasps rang out from the crowd of spectators - many of them elementary school students - as the plane burst into flames.
The accident occurred on the second day of an air show celebrating the 200th anniversary of Bandung, located 80 miles (120 kilometers) southeast of the capital, Jakarta.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends