Small plane crashes at Indonesian air show
Bandung: A small plane crashed and burst into flames during an air show attended by hundreds of school children near Indonesia`s capital on Friday, officials and witnesses said.
The pilot, the only person aboard the single-engine aircraft, was rushed to a hospital in critical condition, said Asni Wati, Bandung`s international airport spokesperson. No one on the ground was injured.
The Super Decathlon was apparently flying too low when it came in for landing, clipping one of its wings on the runway and then spinning out of control, Saleh Sudrajat, a pilot at the scene, told Metro TV.
Gasps rang out from the crowd of spectators - many of them elementary school students - as the plane burst into flames.
The accident occurred on the second day of an air show celebrating the 200th anniversary of Bandung, located 80 miles (120 kilometers) southeast of the capital, Jakarta.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA