Small plane crashes in Rome car depot, 2 dead
Rome: Italian firefighters say a small plane has crashed in a car depot on the outskirts of Rome on Friday, killing the two people on board and sparking a fire on the ground.
Simona Pognant, a spokeswoman for Rome firefighters, says the flames enveloped about 30 cars in the depot, which is located near Rome`s Ciampino airport. The depot contained vehicles sequestered by police.
She says the Cessna aircraft had left Montichiari, near Brescia and was headed for Rome`s small Urbe airport.
Firefighters, who pulled the two bodies from the aircraft, were working to control the blaze.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list