Smoke smell sends NYC-bound jet back to Boston
Boston: A New York-bound plane has returned safely to Boston`s Logan International Airport after a pilot smelled smoke in the cockpit minutes after takeoff.
Airport spokesman Matthew Brelis says Flight 1379 landed safely today and returned to the gate under its own power.
Delta spokesman Carlos Santos says the airline was investigating the cause of the smoke smell today. In the meantime, Santos says the plane`s passengers were rebooked for
an early afternoon flight.
Brelis said Flight 1379 took off for LaGuardia Airport in New York at about 10:45 am (local time) carrying 34 people, including crew. He says a pilot turned back about eight minutes into the flight.
The Boston area was being hit by a moderate snowstorm as the plane landed today morning.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand