Snakes on a plane! British officials make weird finds
London: British border officials said on Thursday they had stopped dozens of weird animals being snuck into the country -- including a boa constrictor wrapped round a man`s leg.
The UK Border Agency said it stopped a passenger travelling through London Heathrow Airport with his pet snake concealed as part of its crackdown on smugglers bringing in animals illegally.
They said they regularly come across such attempts, as they lifted the lid on their "weirdest finds".
One was a briefcase full of dead, plucked pigeons, leading to suspicions they may have been bound for a restaurant.
Officials at London Gatwick Airport were equally puzzled by the pair of old boots they found alongside them.
The briefcase remains unclaimed.
Another discovery involved what looked at first like a tiger skin, but turned out to be that of a domestic dog that had been painted.
Other finds include: two highly venomous snakes – a puff adder and a gaboon viper -- in a parcel from Tanzania; 1,000 live spiders, individually boxed, in a suitcase; and 26 rare birds of prey stuffed into plastic pipes flown in from Thailand.
At Gatwick, three rare Copes Alligator lizards were discovered inside a video tape.
Meanwhile at Heathrow, one passenger tried to smuggle in 40 rare and endangered parrot eggs, in a specially-made vest under his shirt.
And a sniffer dog found 42 dried seahorses, destined to be ground up and used as Chinese traditional medicine, on a passenger from Shanghai.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch
- In Pics: Indian Super League 2015 opening ceremony!
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Read: What Salman Khan has to say about Akshay's 'Singh Is Bliing'