‘Snooped snaps made my house look like a harem’
Washington: Silvio Berlusconi has said that photographs taken of him at a party at his home deliberately made his house look like a ‘harem’.
The former Italian PM made this statement in court where he brought a civil case against Pino Belleri, former editor of the magazine Oggi which showed the 75-year-old walking hand in hand with women described as ‘Berlusconi’s Angels’.
Some women were seen sitting on his lap and in one snapshot he is pictured with his eyes closed and his hand inside a woman’s T-shirt.
The images were printed over eleven pages, which ran them under the headline ‘Berlusconi’s Harem.’
“Holding hands with my guests is something I do all the time. It’s normal for me to do that, to make my guests feel at ease,” the Daily Mail quoted Berlusconi as telling the court.
“The way they were presented as ‘Berlusconi’s harem’ was totally different to reality,” he said.
The pictures, published in 2007, were taken by photographer Antonello Zappadu at Villa Certosa, Berlusconi’s luxury home near Porto Rotondo on the island of Sardinia.
“The way the pictures were taken, they deliberately excluded images of male guests because the photographer was looking for a sale,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gorilla shot dead after child falls into enclosure at Cincinnati Zoo!
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature?
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature? - Part II
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature? - Part III
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature? - Part IV
- Kerala's Nirbhaya: HC rules out CBI probe in Perumbavoor rape-murder case
- Saudi Arabia denounces Iran over decision to not send Hajj pilgrims this year
- Vaishno Devi pilgrim dies after heart attack
- CLP leader Narayanasamy meets Kiran Bedi, stakes claim to form government in Puducherry
- Amitabh Bachchan finally reacts to daughter-in-law Aishwarya Rai's purple lips at Cannes!