Snow kills 8 in Japan, including family in car
Tokyo: Heavy snow that fell on the main northern Japanese island of Hokkaido over the weekend has killed eight people, including a family whose car got buried.
Kyodo news service says Kazuyo Miyashita and her three children died at a hospital Saturday night of carbon-monoxide poisoning after their vehicle got buried in the snow. Her daughters were 17 and 14, and her son was 11.
Separately, 23-year-old Haruna Kitagawa froze to death after leaving her car, stuck in the snow. Kyodo said a 53-year-old man died yesterday after getting buried in the snow, although his 9-year-old daughter found with him was recovering.
Two other men were found collapsed in the snow in another part of Hokkaido and were confirmed dead.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan chased by a tiger!
- Bihar polls: Alert sounded ahead of PM Modi's rallies in Bihar
- Caught on camera: Woman stealing cell phone in store
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook