Snow kills 8 in Japan, including family in car
Tokyo: Heavy snow that fell on the main northern Japanese island of Hokkaido over the weekend has killed eight people, including a family whose car got buried.
Kyodo news service says Kazuyo Miyashita and her three children died at a hospital Saturday night of carbon-monoxide poisoning after their vehicle got buried in the snow. Her daughters were 17 and 14, and her son was 11.
Separately, 23-year-old Haruna Kitagawa froze to death after leaving her car, stuck in the snow. Kyodo said a 53-year-old man died yesterday after getting buried in the snow, although his 9-year-old daughter found with him was recovering.
Two other men were found collapsed in the snow in another part of Hokkaido and were confirmed dead.
- TMC will be wiped out after poll results: Congress
- Indian Premier League 2016: Kings XI Punjab's Axar Patel claims first hat-trick of ninth edition
- Petrol prices in major Indian cities after latest hike!
- IPL 2016: Axar Patel's four-wicket haul guides Kings XI Punjab to 23-run win over table-toppers Gujarat Lions
- Diesel prices in major Indian cities after latest hike!