Snow kills 8 in Japan, including family in car
Tokyo: Heavy snow that fell on the main northern Japanese island of Hokkaido over the weekend has killed eight people, including a family whose car got buried.
Kyodo news service says Kazuyo Miyashita and her three children died at a hospital Saturday night of carbon-monoxide poisoning after their vehicle got buried in the snow. Her daughters were 17 and 14, and her son was 11.
Separately, 23-year-old Haruna Kitagawa froze to death after leaving her car, stuck in the snow. Kyodo said a 53-year-old man died yesterday after getting buried in the snow, although his 9-year-old daughter found with him was recovering.
Two other men were found collapsed in the snow in another part of Hokkaido and were confirmed dead.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Congress demands Sushma Swaraj's resignation over Lalit Modi's job offer to her husband