Snow kills 8 in Japan, including family in car
Tokyo: Heavy snow that fell on the main northern Japanese island of Hokkaido over the weekend has killed eight people, including a family whose car got buried.
Kyodo news service says Kazuyo Miyashita and her three children died at a hospital Saturday night of carbon-monoxide poisoning after their vehicle got buried in the snow. Her daughters were 17 and 14, and her son was 11.
Separately, 23-year-old Haruna Kitagawa froze to death after leaving her car, stuck in the snow. Kyodo said a 53-year-old man died yesterday after getting buried in the snow, although his 9-year-old daughter found with him was recovering.
Two other men were found collapsed in the snow in another part of Hokkaido and were confirmed dead.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez