Snowden leaks have helped Britain`s enemies: MI6 chief
London: The intelligence leaks from US analyst Edward Snowden have left Britain`s enemies "rubbing their hands with glee", the head of the MI6 spy agency said on Thursday.
"The leaks from Snowden have been very damaging, they put our operations at risk. Our adversaries are rubbing their hands with glee. Al-Qaeda is lapping it up," John Sawers told lawmakers.
The head of Britain`s electronic listening service GCHQ, Iain Lobban, told the same parliamentary committee that the Snowden revelations had led "terrorist groups" in the Middle East, Afghanistan and elsewhere to alter the way they communicate.
"We have intelligence on (and) we have actually seen chat around specific terrorist groups, including closer to home, discussing how to avoid what they now perceive to be vulnerable communications methods," Lobban said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!