Sochi drone shooting Olympic TV, not terrorists
Sochi: That drone you might have spotted hovering and zipping around the Sochi Olympic slopes isn`t searching for terrorists or protesters hiding behind the fir trees.
It`s being used to transmit live video of snowboard and ski jump competitions to a screen near you.
Unlike military drones, which often look like a remote-controlled airplane, the creature floating around Sochi resembles a huge flying spider.
Drones are increasingly common at sporting events, and these Olympics is the highest-profile showcase yet for their use in broadcasting.
Here`s a few questions and some answers about the drone and its place at the Sochi Games.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part II
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part III
- AN-32 search still on, ISRO satellite imagery sought
- What is the purpose of human life—Know here!
- Navjot Singh Sidhu is still in the party: Punjab BJP chief
- Youth arrested from Parbhani for suspected ISIS links
- Shocking! UP man caught having sexual relationship with 140 women, which includes lady police officer - READ