Socialite in midst of Petraeus scandal ‘flew at taxpayers’ expense’
Washington: The Florida socialite at the centre of the former CIA chief David Petraeus sex scandal took multiple flights on military aircraft at taxpayers’ expenses, it has been claimed.
Jill Kelley even reportedly flew to Washington DC with General John Allen, the US commander in Afghanistan.
She is said to have exchanged tens of thousands of emails with him while he was in Afghanistan.
It is not known why Kelley, 37, flew to Washington with Allen, but it has emerged that in recent months she has had three visits to the White House.
According to the Daily Mail, the mother of three from Tampa has so far refused to comment publicly on her role in the scandal that ended the career of Petraeus and put the distinguished career of Allen in jeopardy.
Allen is under investigation for sending ‘flirty’ emails said to number as many as 30,000 to Kelley.
An investigation by 10 News Tampa has revealed that Kelley, whose complaint over threatening emails revealed David Petraeus`` affair, has enjoyed several trips on military planes.
The news stations said they have made several requests to defense officials to see how many times Kelley has flown from the MacDill Air Force base where she acted as an unpaid social liaison officer, the report said.
Pentagon officials told News 10 they have not been able to track down the exact number of flights, but they did confirm she flew on a KC-135 jet in May 2010, it added. (ANI)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city