Soldiers from India, China celebrate Bihu at border
Guwahati: In a show of brotherhood, soldiers of Indian Army and Peoples Liberation Army of China celebrated Bihu festival at the Indo-China border in Arunachal Pradesh.
According to an official release, the forward troops stationed in the remote areas near Bumla post celebrated the occasion on Monday by inviting PLA soldiers deployed on the other side of the border to play friendly matches of volleyball, tug of war and archery.
The tunes of military band, followed by a cultural show which included Bihu and Bhangra dances, mesmerised all present on the occasion.
"The guests from Peoples Liberation Army of China thanked their hosts and appreciated the Indians for their initiative, which will go a long way in creating a feeling of bonhomie, peace and tranquillity," the release said.
Both sides hoped that this initiative would go to the strategic level and take it to new heights as well as at the ground level, it said.
The festivities came to an end with both the armies paying respect to their National Flags while the National Anthem was played.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city