Soldiers from India, China celebrate Bihu at border
Guwahati: In a show of brotherhood, soldiers of Indian Army and Peoples Liberation Army of China celebrated Bihu festival at the Indo-China border in Arunachal Pradesh.
According to an official release, the forward troops stationed in the remote areas near Bumla post celebrated the occasion on Monday by inviting PLA soldiers deployed on the other side of the border to play friendly matches of volleyball, tug of war and archery.
The tunes of military band, followed by a cultural show which included Bihu and Bhangra dances, mesmerised all present on the occasion.
"The guests from Peoples Liberation Army of China thanked their hosts and appreciated the Indians for their initiative, which will go a long way in creating a feeling of bonhomie, peace and tranquillity," the release said.
Both sides hoped that this initiative would go to the strategic level and take it to new heights as well as at the ground level, it said.
The festivities came to an end with both the armies paying respect to their National Flags while the National Anthem was played.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town