Somali interior minister dies after suicide attack
Mogadishu: Somali Interior Minister Abdishakur Sheikh Hassan died on Friday after a suicide attack at his home, apparently carried out by a niece, a security official told a news agency.
"The minister died in hospital," Adan Mohamed said. "The information we have so far indicates that a young woman, the minister`s niece, carried out the attack."
The statement was confirmed by other security sources, who said the woman had stayed at the minister`s Mogadishu home for the last three days.
"The minister passed away and was killed in a terrorist attack," Information Minister Adulkarim Jama told Radio Mogadishu.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets