Somali militants say they killed French hostage
Mogadishu: Somalia`s most dangerous militant group says it has killed a French hostage that French military forces tried to rescue last weekend.
Al-Shabab said in a Twitter posting today that the agent, codenamed Denis Allex, was executed yesterday evening Somalia time.
French officials have said they believe Allex was killed the night of the raid. Allex, a French intelligence agent, was taken by the militants in July 2009 and had been held ever since.
A French raid Friday night and early Saturday failed to rescue him, and resulted in the deaths of two French troops and 17 Somalis, French officials say.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- WikiLeaks to release 'significant' material on Clinton
- Fernando Alonso praises McLaren as Honda introduce engine upgrades
- Want to get rid of nail biting habit? Try these ways!
- ''Russia pondering alternative games for banned paralympians''
- Mercury's peculiar surface a mystery no more; NASA scientists solve the puzzle!