Somali militants say they killed French hostage
Mogadishu: Somalia`s most dangerous militant group says it has killed a French hostage that French military forces tried to rescue last weekend.
Al-Shabab said in a Twitter posting today that the agent, codenamed Denis Allex, was executed yesterday evening Somalia time.
French officials have said they believe Allex was killed the night of the raid. Allex, a French intelligence agent, was taken by the militants in July 2009 and had been held ever since.
A French raid Friday night and early Saturday failed to rescue him, and resulted in the deaths of two French troops and 17 Somalis, French officials say.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray