Somali MP killed in Mogadishu
Mogadishu: Unidentified gunmen have shot dead a member of the new Somali Parliament, Xinhua reported on Sunday.
According to the state radio, Mustaf Haji Mohamed was murdered as he left a mosque in Mogadishu`s Waberi district Saturday.
The assassinated MP was newly elected to the 275-member Parliament.
The killers escaped after the attack, for which no one has claimed responsibility.
However, Al Qaeda-linked outfit Al-Shabaab has vowed to target members of the new legislature.
The Al-Shabaab has been under pressure from Somali government forces and African Union peacekeeping troops at the southern port city of Kismayo, the last major city under its control.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- SMASH HIT: Akshay Kumar's 'Rustom' is still ruling the Box Office! – Details inside
- Yogeshwar Dutt's Bronze to be upgraded to Silver: Virender Sehwag expresses excitement with HILARIOUS tweet
- Rahul Gandhi on three-day visit to Amethi from Wednesday
- ChampOne C1 at Rs 501: Know how to register; flash sale starts on Friday
- Philippines stops issuing haj passports to Muslim pilgrims