Somali MP killed in Mogadishu
Mogadishu: Unidentified gunmen have shot dead a member of the new Somali Parliament, Xinhua reported on Sunday.
According to the state radio, Mustaf Haji Mohamed was murdered as he left a mosque in Mogadishu`s Waberi district Saturday.
The assassinated MP was newly elected to the 275-member Parliament.
The killers escaped after the attack, for which no one has claimed responsibility.
However, Al Qaeda-linked outfit Al-Shabaab has vowed to target members of the new legislature.
The Al-Shabaab has been under pressure from Somali government forces and African Union peacekeeping troops at the southern port city of Kismayo, the last major city under its control.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part II
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part III
- Do not intervene in South China Sea dispute: China tells Japan
- Nepal PM KP Sharma Oli steps down
- Centuries-old fair symbolising maize blossom begins in Himachal
- 2016 Olympics: Russia escape blanket ban, but IOC bars whistle-blower from Rio Games
- Pakistan Daily calls Nawaz Sharif's statement on Kashmir 'wishful thinking and unrealistic'