Somali MP killed in Mogadishu
Mogadishu: Unidentified gunmen have shot dead a member of the new Somali Parliament, Xinhua reported on Sunday.
According to the state radio, Mustaf Haji Mohamed was murdered as he left a mosque in Mogadishu`s Waberi district Saturday.
The assassinated MP was newly elected to the 275-member Parliament.
The killers escaped after the attack, for which no one has claimed responsibility.
However, Al Qaeda-linked outfit Al-Shabaab has vowed to target members of the new legislature.
The Al-Shabaab has been under pressure from Somali government forces and African Union peacekeeping troops at the southern port city of Kismayo, the last major city under its control.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried in Mumbai; Rajnath says he got chance to express views in all forums
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report