Somali pirates hijack cargo ship: EU
Nairobi: The European Union`s anti-piracy
force says Somali pirates have hijacked a cargo ship in the
Gulf of Aden.
A statement from the EU naval force says the owner of the
QSM Dubai reported his vessel was hijacked early today. One of
the navies patrolling the Gulf of Aden sent an aircraft to
investigate and it confirmed the ship had been hijacked, the
The ship has 24 crew members who are Egyptian, Pakistani,
Bangladeshi and Ghanaian. The vessel, which is flying a
Panamanian flag, sailed from Brazil.
Somali pirates are currently holding at least 20 vessels.
The Horn of Africa nation`s 19 years of lawlessness has
allowed piracy to flourish, with pirates earning multi-million
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!