Somali pirates hijack Thai fishing vessel
Nairobi: The European Union naval force
says Somali pirates have hijacked a Thai fishing vessel north
of the Seychelles islands.
A press release issued by the headquarters for
Operation Atalanta says the Thai Union 3 reported it was under
attack by pirates in two skiffs early today.
The attack occurred 320 kilometres north of the
Seychelles and 1050 kilometres off the Somali coast.
A naval aircraft sent to the scene saw pirates aboard
the vessel. The EU force says the ship is now heading toward
Somalia. The latest seizure means pirates are now holding a
total of eight ships.
- Next Odd-Even phase only after public consultation: Satyendar Jain
- IPL 9: Kings XI Punjab's Shaun Marsh ruled out for remainder of the tournament
- Indian Premier League 2016: Kolkata Knight Riders vs Royal Challengers Bangalore – Players to watch out for; probable playing XIs
- AIADMK protests transfers of IAS, IPS officers by Election Commission
- Body of murdered Kerala nurse arrives from Oman