Somali pirates hijack Thai fishing vessel
Nairobi: The European Union naval force
says Somali pirates have hijacked a Thai fishing vessel north
of the Seychelles islands.
A press release issued by the headquarters for
Operation Atalanta says the Thai Union 3 reported it was under
attack by pirates in two skiffs early today.
The attack occurred 320 kilometres north of the
Seychelles and 1050 kilometres off the Somali coast.
A naval aircraft sent to the scene saw pirates aboard
the vessel. The EU force says the ship is now heading toward
Somalia. The latest seizure means pirates are now holding a
total of eight ships.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?