Somali pirates hijack Thai fishing vessel
Nairobi: The European Union naval force
says Somali pirates have hijacked a Thai fishing vessel north
of the Seychelles islands.
A press release issued by the headquarters for
Operation Atalanta says the Thai Union 3 reported it was under
attack by pirates in two skiffs early today.
The attack occurred 320 kilometres north of the
Seychelles and 1050 kilometres off the Somali coast.
A naval aircraft sent to the scene saw pirates aboard
the vessel. The EU force says the ship is now heading toward
Somalia. The latest seizure means pirates are now holding a
total of eight ships.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- New laser created from jellyfish proteins
- Rohit Shetty's 'Ram Lakhan' remake not happening anymore? Here's what we know so far!
- Gionee S6s smartphone for selfie lovers to be launched in India today
- Rio Olympics 2016: Sakshi Malik, PV Sindhu shine for India; USA top tally with 121 medals
- US Republican voters not happy with Donald Trump as presidential nominee: Poll