Somali pirates hijack Thai fishing vessel
Nairobi: The European Union naval force
says Somali pirates have hijacked a Thai fishing vessel north
of the Seychelles islands.
A press release issued by the headquarters for
Operation Atalanta says the Thai Union 3 reported it was under
attack by pirates in two skiffs early today.
The attack occurred 320 kilometres north of the
Seychelles and 1050 kilometres off the Somali coast.
A naval aircraft sent to the scene saw pirates aboard
the vessel. The EU force says the ship is now heading toward
Somalia. The latest seizure means pirates are now holding a
total of eight ships.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Stick to my statement that Salman Khan killed Chinkara, says 'missing' driver
- Eye on China? India to buy four P-8I aircraft from US for maritime surveillance over Indian Ocean Region
- Terrorist captured in J&K's Kupwara district is Pakistani national from Lahore: Report
- No question of tampering with samples of shot putter Inderjeet Singh: NADA boss
- New Israeli settlement plans `provocative and counterproductive`: US