Somali pirates hijack Thai fishing vessel
Nairobi: The European Union naval force
says Somali pirates have hijacked a Thai fishing vessel north
of the Seychelles islands.
A press release issued by the headquarters for
Operation Atalanta says the Thai Union 3 reported it was under
attack by pirates in two skiffs early today.
The attack occurred 320 kilometres north of the
Seychelles and 1050 kilometres off the Somali coast.
A naval aircraft sent to the scene saw pirates aboard
the vessel. The EU force says the ship is now heading toward
Somalia. The latest seizure means pirates are now holding a
total of eight ships.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand