Somali pirates release Danish vessel with six crew
Nairobi: Having kept the Danish coaster -- M/V Leopard -- in their custody for two years, Somali pirates have released it along with six crew members, a Kenyan maritime official said Wednesday.
The vessel which was captured in January 2011 was released Tuesday with the crew, reported Xinhua citing Seafarers` Union of Kenya secretary general Andrew Mwangura.
"The two Danish and the four Philippine sea men have very recently been released off the Somali coast and are now in safe surroundings," Mwangura said.
The Danish owned vessel was attacked by pirates while underway Jan 12, 2011.
During the attack two Danish sailors and four Filipino crew members of the vessel were kidnapped from the ship and taken ashore in Somalia.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon