Somali pirates release Danish vessel with six crew
Nairobi: Having kept the Danish coaster -- M/V Leopard -- in their custody for two years, Somali pirates have released it along with six crew members, a Kenyan maritime official said Wednesday.
The vessel which was captured in January 2011 was released Tuesday with the crew, reported Xinhua citing Seafarers` Union of Kenya secretary general Andrew Mwangura.
"The two Danish and the four Philippine sea men have very recently been released off the Somali coast and are now in safe surroundings," Mwangura said.
The Danish owned vessel was attacked by pirates while underway Jan 12, 2011.
During the attack two Danish sailors and four Filipino crew members of the vessel were kidnapped from the ship and taken ashore in Somalia.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details