Somali pirates, security personnel in 3 shootouts
Nairobi: Maritime officials say pirates have
clashed with private security and military personnel in three
separate incidents off the Somali coast in the latest
indicator of rising pirate attacks.
Cmdr. John Harbour of the EU Naval Force says two
incidents today involved French military personnel. The
Spanish Defense Ministry says a third incident involved
Spanish private security guards and military.
The attacks come one day after a Spanish fishing vessel
caught fire after pirates launched a rocket-propelled grenade
Harbour says pirates are beginning to attack in larger
numbers because the monsoon season off the Somali coast has
ended, resulting in calmer waters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees