Somali pirates, security personnel in 3 shootouts
Nairobi: Maritime officials say pirates have
clashed with private security and military personnel in three
separate incidents off the Somali coast in the latest
indicator of rising pirate attacks.
Cmdr. John Harbour of the EU Naval Force says two
incidents today involved French military personnel. The
Spanish Defense Ministry says a third incident involved
Spanish private security guards and military.
The attacks come one day after a Spanish fishing vessel
caught fire after pirates launched a rocket-propelled grenade
Harbour says pirates are beginning to attack in larger
numbers because the monsoon season off the Somali coast has
ended, resulting in calmer waters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users