Somali pirates, security personnel in 3 shootouts
Nairobi: Maritime officials say pirates have
clashed with private security and military personnel in three
separate incidents off the Somali coast in the latest
indicator of rising pirate attacks.
Cmdr. John Harbour of the EU Naval Force says two
incidents today involved French military personnel. The
Spanish Defense Ministry says a third incident involved
Spanish private security guards and military.
The attacks come one day after a Spanish fishing vessel
caught fire after pirates launched a rocket-propelled grenade
Harbour says pirates are beginning to attack in larger
numbers because the monsoon season off the Somali coast has
ended, resulting in calmer waters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble