Somali pirates, security personnel in 3 shootouts
Nairobi: Maritime officials say pirates have
clashed with private security and military personnel in three
separate incidents off the Somali coast in the latest
indicator of rising pirate attacks.
Cmdr. John Harbour of the EU Naval Force says two
incidents today involved French military personnel. The
Spanish Defense Ministry says a third incident involved
Spanish private security guards and military.
The attacks come one day after a Spanish fishing vessel
caught fire after pirates launched a rocket-propelled grenade
Harbour says pirates are beginning to attack in larger
numbers because the monsoon season off the Somali coast has
ended, resulting in calmer waters.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Details out: What Rahul Gandhi did during his two-month-long sabbatical