Somali pirates seize India bound cargo ship
Athens: A Greek-owned cargo ship bound for India was seized by Somali pirates off the coast of Seychelles, officials said.
The Navios Apollon, with 19 sailors on board, was on its way to India when it was attacked. The pirates approached the ship on two speedboats, Xinhua reported quoting Greek authorities Tuesday. Officials said the ship is carrying fertiliser from Florida in the US.
Just few hours before the capture of Navios Apollon, Somali pirates released the Singapore-flagged vessel Kota Wajar and its 21 crewmembers after receiving about $4 million in ransom.
In another incident, pirates seized British-flagged tanker St James Park that was en route to Thailand from Spain.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof