Somali pirates seize India bound cargo ship
Athens: A Greek-owned cargo ship bound for India was seized by Somali pirates off the coast of Seychelles, officials said.
The Navios Apollon, with 19 sailors on board, was on its way to India when it was attacked. The pirates approached the ship on two speedboats, Xinhua reported quoting Greek authorities Tuesday. Officials said the ship is carrying fertiliser from Florida in the US.
Just few hours before the capture of Navios Apollon, Somali pirates released the Singapore-flagged vessel Kota Wajar and its 21 crewmembers after receiving about $4 million in ransom.
In another incident, pirates seized British-flagged tanker St James Park that was en route to Thailand from Spain.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Trinamool Congress activist was part of Pak ISI spy ring?
- WATCH: Pakistan vs England, 3rd T20: Complete highlights
- SP leader Azam Khan stirs fresh controversy, says RSS leaders are homosexuals
- Priyanka Chopra’s sex scene from ‘Quantico’ goes viral – Watch video