Somali pirates seize ship with 20 Filipino crew
Nairobi (Kenya): The European Union Naval
Force says Somali pirates have seized a ship with 20 Filipino
crew members onboard.
Lt Col Per Klingvall said on Monday that the owners of the
Panama-flagged Izumi received an automatically released
distress signal yesterday afternoon, indicating the vessel was
likely under attack by pirates.
A Danish warship was sent to investigate and made
contact with the Izumi`s captain, who reported that the ship
was under pirate control.
Yuki Shimoda, an official at Japan`s Transport
Ministry, said the Japanese-owned vessel was headed from Japan
via Singapore to the Kenyan port of Mombasa.
A French warship is now in the Indian Ocean monitoring
the situation as the Izumi heads toward Somalia.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users