Somalia: 2 more journalists murdered; 1 beheaded
Mogadishu: Officials in Somalia say two more journalists have been murdered, including one who was beheaded, bringing the number of journalists killed in the country this year to 15.
The Somali journalists union said on Friday that the one journalist was beheaded yesterday, and the other was shot dead by gunmen today.
No group has yet claimed the responsibility for the latest killings, but the deaths fit into a year-long pattern of attacks against Somali journalists. The deaths have been met with judicial inaction in a capital city with crippled government institutions.
Most of the 15 deaths appear to have been targeted killings, though last week three journalists were killed when a suicide bomber detonated explosives in a cafe popular with journalists and politicians.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Kriti Sanon can't wait to watch 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Indian women's hockey stars humiliated, made to sit on floor of train on way back home from Rio
- Donald Trump vows 'tracking system' to deport everyone whose visa expires
- Rockets fired at Turkey's Diyarbakir airport
- Colombia peace deal to be signed late September