Somalia: 2 more journalists murdered; 1 beheaded
Mogadishu: Officials in Somalia say two more journalists have been murdered, including one who was beheaded, bringing the number of journalists killed in the country this year to 15.
The Somali journalists union said on Friday that the one journalist was beheaded yesterday, and the other was shot dead by gunmen today.
No group has yet claimed the responsibility for the latest killings, but the deaths fit into a year-long pattern of attacks against Somali journalists. The deaths have been met with judicial inaction in a capital city with crippled government institutions.
Most of the 15 deaths appear to have been targeted killings, though last week three journalists were killed when a suicide bomber detonated explosives in a cafe popular with journalists and politicians.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- WOAH! Cristiano Ronaldo opens own 'CR7' hotel, gives name to airport
- Usain Bolt eases to victory, Kendra Harrison hurdles to glory
- Oil dives 2%, heads for weekly loss as US rigs rise
- German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at Munich shopping mall; police say he acted alone
- Body unnoticed in Australian fast-food outlet for days