Somalia: 2 more journalists murdered; 1 beheaded
Mogadishu: Officials in Somalia say two more journalists have been murdered, including one who was beheaded, bringing the number of journalists killed in the country this year to 15.
The Somali journalists union said on Friday that the one journalist was beheaded yesterday, and the other was shot dead by gunmen today.
No group has yet claimed the responsibility for the latest killings, but the deaths fit into a year-long pattern of attacks against Somali journalists. The deaths have been met with judicial inaction in a capital city with crippled government institutions.
Most of the 15 deaths appear to have been targeted killings, though last week three journalists were killed when a suicide bomber detonated explosives in a cafe popular with journalists and politicians.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why