Somalia: 2 more journalists murdered; 1 beheaded
Mogadishu: Officials in Somalia say two more journalists have been murdered, including one who was beheaded, bringing the number of journalists killed in the country this year to 15.
The Somali journalists union said on Friday that the one journalist was beheaded yesterday, and the other was shot dead by gunmen today.
No group has yet claimed the responsibility for the latest killings, but the deaths fit into a year-long pattern of attacks against Somali journalists. The deaths have been met with judicial inaction in a capital city with crippled government institutions.
Most of the 15 deaths appear to have been targeted killings, though last week three journalists were killed when a suicide bomber detonated explosives in a cafe popular with journalists and politicians.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- Aamir Khan's remarks on intolerance stir controversy; BJP slams, film fraternity split
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'