Somalia: 2 more journalists murdered; 1 beheaded
Mogadishu: Officials in Somalia say two more journalists have been murdered, including one who was beheaded, bringing the number of journalists killed in the country this year to 15.
The Somali journalists union said on Friday that the one journalist was beheaded yesterday, and the other was shot dead by gunmen today.
No group has yet claimed the responsibility for the latest killings, but the deaths fit into a year-long pattern of attacks against Somali journalists. The deaths have been met with judicial inaction in a capital city with crippled government institutions.
Most of the 15 deaths appear to have been targeted killings, though last week three journalists were killed when a suicide bomber detonated explosives in a cafe popular with journalists and politicians.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested