Somalia gets new PM
Mogadishu: Somali President Hassan Sheikh Mohamoud Saturday named Abdi Farah Shirdon Saaid, as the country`s new Prime Minister, nearly a month after the president was elected.
At a joint news conference here, the Somali president made the announcement of Saaid`s nomination.
Saaid, a businessman by profession, is a newcomer to Somalia politics. He is expected to form the cabinet within the next few weeks in consultation with the country`s president and various other parties.
This is because the new Somali government like its predecessors has to accommodate the key clans of the war-torn country.
After forming the cabinet, the new prime minister will ask the Somali parliament to conduct a vote of confidence on the ministerial lineup he presents to lawmakers.
The Somali parliament, formed after lengthy negotiations between various Somali clans and the legislature, in turn, voted to elect Hassan Sheikh Mohamoud as Somalia`s president.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Awkward! Watch Aditi Rao Hydari speaks about Farhan Akhtar’s divorce!
- Shahi Imam meets PM Modi, demands innocent Muslims must not be harassed in name of fighting ISIS
- Mulayam, Akhilesh scared of me; not allowing Muslim leaders in SP to speak up, alleges Asaduddin Owaisi