Somalia gets new PM
Mogadishu: Somali President Hassan Sheikh Mohamoud Saturday named Abdi Farah Shirdon Saaid, as the country`s new Prime Minister, nearly a month after the president was elected.
At a joint news conference here, the Somali president made the announcement of Saaid`s nomination.
Saaid, a businessman by profession, is a newcomer to Somalia politics. He is expected to form the cabinet within the next few weeks in consultation with the country`s president and various other parties.
This is because the new Somali government like its predecessors has to accommodate the key clans of the war-torn country.
After forming the cabinet, the new prime minister will ask the Somali parliament to conduct a vote of confidence on the ministerial lineup he presents to lawmakers.
The Somali parliament, formed after lengthy negotiations between various Somali clans and the legislature, in turn, voted to elect Hassan Sheikh Mohamoud as Somalia`s president.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’