Somalia gets new PM
Mogadishu: Somali President Hassan Sheikh Mohamoud Saturday named Abdi Farah Shirdon Saaid, as the country`s new Prime Minister, nearly a month after the president was elected.
At a joint news conference here, the Somali president made the announcement of Saaid`s nomination.
Saaid, a businessman by profession, is a newcomer to Somalia politics. He is expected to form the cabinet within the next few weeks in consultation with the country`s president and various other parties.
This is because the new Somali government like its predecessors has to accommodate the key clans of the war-torn country.
After forming the cabinet, the new prime minister will ask the Somali parliament to conduct a vote of confidence on the ministerial lineup he presents to lawmakers.
The Somali parliament, formed after lengthy negotiations between various Somali clans and the legislature, in turn, voted to elect Hassan Sheikh Mohamoud as Somalia`s president.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened