Somalia gets new PM
Mogadishu: Somali President Hassan Sheikh Mohamoud Saturday named Abdi Farah Shirdon Saaid, as the country`s new Prime Minister, nearly a month after the president was elected.
At a joint news conference here, the Somali president made the announcement of Saaid`s nomination.
Saaid, a businessman by profession, is a newcomer to Somalia politics. He is expected to form the cabinet within the next few weeks in consultation with the country`s president and various other parties.
This is because the new Somali government like its predecessors has to accommodate the key clans of the war-torn country.
After forming the cabinet, the new prime minister will ask the Somali parliament to conduct a vote of confidence on the ministerial lineup he presents to lawmakers.
The Somali parliament, formed after lengthy negotiations between various Somali clans and the legislature, in turn, voted to elect Hassan Sheikh Mohamoud as Somalia`s president.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Gujarat Dalit protest: After Rahul, Kejriwal to visit violence-hit Una today
- PM Narendra Modi to lay foundation stone of AIIMS in Gorakhpur today
- Rajya Sabha to vote on bill seeking 'special status' for Andhra Pradesh today
- 'Bunty Chor' - Delhi's high-end car thief arrested; BMW, Toyota Fortuner recovered
- Mayawati slur: Dayashankar Singh may surrender today; wife alleges harassment by BSP goons