Somalia gets new PM
Mogadishu: Somali President Hassan Sheikh Mohamoud Saturday named Abdi Farah Shirdon Saaid, as the country`s new Prime Minister, nearly a month after the president was elected.
At a joint news conference here, the Somali president made the announcement of Saaid`s nomination.
Saaid, a businessman by profession, is a newcomer to Somalia politics. He is expected to form the cabinet within the next few weeks in consultation with the country`s president and various other parties.
This is because the new Somali government like its predecessors has to accommodate the key clans of the war-torn country.
After forming the cabinet, the new prime minister will ask the Somali parliament to conduct a vote of confidence on the ministerial lineup he presents to lawmakers.
The Somali parliament, formed after lengthy negotiations between various Somali clans and the legislature, in turn, voted to elect Hassan Sheikh Mohamoud as Somalia`s president.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!