Somalis protest against al Qaeda-linked militants
Mogadishu: Hundreds of women and children are protesting in the streets of Somalia`s capital against militants linked to al Qaeda.
The protesters marched on Monday to protest that al-Shabab militants have been digging up of graves of clerics over the last week.
The protesters chanted "Down with al-Shabab" and carried banners, one of which read ‘Support Peace and Government’.
Mohyadin Hassan Afrah, who heads Mogadishu`s civil society umbrella group, says people are protesting against al-Shabab`s actions and the influx foreign fighters to the country.
Fighters from such countries as Pakistan, Yemen and North Africa have travelled to Somalia to join the al Qaeda aligned group that seeks to overthrow the country`s weak, UN-backed government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'