Somalis protest against al Qaeda-linked militants
Mogadishu: Hundreds of women and children are protesting in the streets of Somalia`s capital against militants linked to al Qaeda.
The protesters marched on Monday to protest that al-Shabab militants have been digging up of graves of clerics over the last week.
The protesters chanted "Down with al-Shabab" and carried banners, one of which read ‘Support Peace and Government’.
Mohyadin Hassan Afrah, who heads Mogadishu`s civil society umbrella group, says people are protesting against al-Shabab`s actions and the influx foreign fighters to the country.
Fighters from such countries as Pakistan, Yemen and North Africa have travelled to Somalia to join the al Qaeda aligned group that seeks to overthrow the country`s weak, UN-backed government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Over 400 flights grounded as Tokyo prepares to take a direct hit from typhoon
- Kamal Haasan to be conferred French award
- New laser created from jellyfish proteins
- Rohit Shetty's 'Ram Lakhan' remake not happening anymore? Here's what we know so far!
- Gionee S6s smartphone for selfie lovers to be launched in India today