Somalis protest against al Qaeda-linked militants
Mogadishu: Hundreds of women and children are protesting in the streets of Somalia`s capital against militants linked to al Qaeda.
The protesters marched on Monday to protest that al-Shabab militants have been digging up of graves of clerics over the last week.
The protesters chanted "Down with al-Shabab" and carried banners, one of which read ‘Support Peace and Government’.
Mohyadin Hassan Afrah, who heads Mogadishu`s civil society umbrella group, says people are protesting against al-Shabab`s actions and the influx foreign fighters to the country.
Fighters from such countries as Pakistan, Yemen and North Africa have travelled to Somalia to join the al Qaeda aligned group that seeks to overthrow the country`s weak, UN-backed government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply