Somalis protest against al Qaeda-linked militants
Mogadishu: Hundreds of women and children are protesting in the streets of Somalia`s capital against militants linked to al Qaeda.
The protesters marched on Monday to protest that al-Shabab militants have been digging up of graves of clerics over the last week.
The protesters chanted "Down with al-Shabab" and carried banners, one of which read ‘Support Peace and Government’.
Mohyadin Hassan Afrah, who heads Mogadishu`s civil society umbrella group, says people are protesting against al-Shabab`s actions and the influx foreign fighters to the country.
Fighters from such countries as Pakistan, Yemen and North Africa have travelled to Somalia to join the al Qaeda aligned group that seeks to overthrow the country`s weak, UN-backed government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ATM virus attack: Users of debit cards under threat!
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- Bhubaneswar fire: Owner of SUM Hospital surrenders
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you